“YES” on Full Repeal of Obamacare (H.R. 596)
On Tuesday, the House will vote on a bill to repeal Obamacare in its entirety (H.R. 596). Reaffirming support for full repeal of Obamacare is important, but not sufficient. Tuesday’s vote is the beginning of a multi-month effort that should culminate with the House and Senate using the reconciliation process to send a bill that fully repeals Obamacare to the President’s desk.
The Heritage Foundation’s Alyene Senger lists five reasons to repeal Obamacare:
- Obamacare creates $1.8 trillion in new health care spending and uses cuts to Medicare spending to help pay for some of it.
- Millions of Americans already have lost, and more likely will lose, their coverage because of Obamacare.
- Many Americans have not been able to keep their doctors as insurers try to offset the added costs of Obamacare by limiting the number of providers in their networks.
- In spite of the president’s now-infamous promise, the law increases the cost of health coverage.
- Obamacare contains 18 separate tax increases, fees and penalties.
Heritage also notes “Obamacare has made yet another problem worse—creating a government exchange that is less competitive than the prior individual market.”
Heritage Action supports H.R 596 and will include it as a key vote on our scorecard.
Heritage Action Scorecard