Morning Action: Your Voices are Being Heard on Defunding Obamacare
DEFUND OBAMACARE. Obamacare is driving up the cost of health insurance and forcing an increasing number of Americans into part time work. On the Heritage Action Defund Obamacare Town Hall tour, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) 94% said a “grassroots tsunami” needs to form in opposition to Obamacare:
THE RIGHT PATH. The Heritage Foundation explains that in order to truly stop the law, Obamacare must be defunded, not merely delayed:
Obamacare is far more than the individual mandate, the employer mandate, and the new entitlement spending. It’s a massive, government-centered restructuring of American health care.
Simply delaying Obamacare:
- …doesn’t stop Obamacare from harming people. Regulators could continue to enforce the Health and Human Services (HHS) anti-conscience mandate and issue new Obamacare rules that raise costs and premiums for struggling businesses and families alike.
- …is a gift to the Obama Administration. Federal bureaucrats have missed nearly half of their self-imposed deadlines to get the law up and running. Why provide them more time to make sure thousands of regulations are entrenched in the private health care sector?
- …doesn’t stop Obamacare programs from launching. A 53-page Obamacare timeline shows that in 2014 alone, 27 separate Obamacare programs and requirements are scheduled to take effect.
SYRIA. The Heritage Foundation outlines the top 5 reasons the U.S. should not use missile strikes in Syria:
1. The Responsibility to Protect (R2P) doctrine is not adequate justification for direct military intervention.
2. A vital U.S. interest is not at stake.
3. It would not be a wise use of military force.
4. Missile attacks would only make President Obama look weaker.
5. It would distract from what the U.S. should be doing.
Read the full explanation of these reasons here.