Cloakroom: May 30 – June 3
The House will hold a “clean” debt limit vote on Tuesday. This is to send the message to the White House and Senate leaders that the debt ceiling cannot be raised without attaching spending cuts.
House Floor Action:
- Vote on the FY 2012 Milcon/VA Appropriations Bill
- Vote on the Homeland Security Appropriations Bill
- “Clean” vote on raising the debt ceiling
House Committee Action:
- The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee will hold a hearing on the “Cybersecurity Threat Assessment”
- The House Education and the Workforce Subcommittee will hold a hearing on “Education Overhaul and Charter Schools”
- The House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee will hold a hearing on the “EPA’s Nutrients Policies”
- The House Administration Subcommittee on Elections will hold a hearing on the “Campaign Contribution Disclosures Assessment”
The Senate will be in Pro Forma session.