Cloakroom: October 28 – November 1
Analysis: This week the House may consider two bills that would amend Dodd-Frank, the Retail Investor Protection Act and the Swaps Regulatory Improvement Act. On October 30, conferees from the House and Senate will meet to begin conferencing the House and Senate farm bills.
Major Floor Action:
Major Committee Action:
- The House Ways and Means Committee will hold a hearing on the “Status of the Affordable Care Act Implementation.”
- The House Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing entitled “Nuclear Weapons Modernization Programs: Military, Technical, and Political Requirements for the B61 Life Extension Program and Future Stockpile Strategy.”
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a hearing entitled “PPACA Implementation Failures: Answers from HHS.”
- The House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a hearing entitled “EPA’s Regulatory Threat to Affordable, Reliable Energy: The Perspective of Coal Communities.”
- The House Budget Committee will hold a budget-conference committee meeting.
Analysis: This week the Senate will consider the nomination of Richard F. Griffin, Jr., of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board for a term of four years. On October 30, conferees from the House and Senate will meet to begin conferencing the House and Senate farm bills. The Senate may consider the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. They may also consider the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act.
Major Floor Action
- S. 761 – Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2013
- S. 815 – Employment Non-Discrimination Act
Major Committee Action
- The Senate Committee on Foreign Relations will hold a hearing on Syria.
- The Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs will hold a hearing entitled “Housing Finance Reform: Essentials of a Functioning Housing Finance System for Consumers.”