Cloakroom: May 23 – 27
The Prime Minister of Israel, Benjamin Netanyahu, will speak on Monday to a joint session of Congress amid increasing tension from President Obama’s remarks in his speech on the Middle East last Thursday.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) are expected to hold a vote to extend the three provisions of the Patriot Act for four more years will also take place.
House Floor Action:
- FISA Sunsets Reauthorization Act of 2011
Senate Floor Action:
- S.1038 – The PATRIOT Act
House Committee Action:
- The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Energy and Power will hold a hearing on the “American Energy Initiative”
- The House Judiciary Subcommittee will hold a hearing on the “Taxation of Digital Goods and Services”
- The House Select Intelligence Committee will hold a briefing on the “Fiscal 2012 Budget: Intelligence Overview”
Senate Committee Action:
- The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee will hold a hearing on “Protecting Cyberspace”
- The Senate Finance Committee will hold a hearing on the “U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement”
- The Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee will hold a hearing on the “Future of Housing Finance System”